After you have arrived in Pokhara a local taxi will bring you to the starting point of the Annapurna Base camp trek. First you hike through rhododendron forest to Ghorepani. We will wake you up early in the morning for a short climb to Poon Hill. Your reward is a magical sunrise of the Annapurna mountain range. After that your trek continues to the Annapurna Base camp. You pass by teahouses, and hike along the Modi Khosi river. At Chomrong the mountains are slowly showing themselves. But it is finally at Annapurna base camp where you can see the mountains in full glory. You track back your steps out of the sanctuary. In Jhinu Danda you can give your sore muscles a break in the local hot spring. Your trek ends in the foothills, and a taxi will take you back to Pokhara. In Pokhara you can relax at the shores of Phewa lake.
Day 01 Drive Kathmandu to Pokhara
Day 02 Drive to Hille ( 2,5 hrs.), and trek to Ulleri (1960 m – 3 hrs.)
Day 03 Trek to Ghorepani (2874 m – 5 hrs.)
Day 04 Climb to Poon Hill (3119 m) for sunrise, and trek to Tadapani (2721 m- 5 hrs.)
Day 05 Trek to Chomrong ( 1951 m – 6 hrs.)
Day 06 Trek to Dovan ( 2130 m – 6 hrs.)
Day 07 Trek to Machapuchre base camp ( 3720 m – 6 hrs.)
Day 08 Trek to Annapurna base camp ( 4095 m – 4 hrs.)
Day 09 Trek to Bamboo ( 2050 m – 6 hrs.)
Day 10 Trek to Jhinu Danda ( 1700 m – 6 hrs.)
Day 11 Trek to Pitam Deurali (2100m – 6 hrs.)
Day 12 Trek to Kande (1770m – 4 hrs.) and drive to Pokhara
Day 13 Drive Pokhara to Kathmand
- Pick up and drop off from Kathmandu International Airport to hotel
- Return drive by tourist bus Kathmandu to Pokhara; private drive to start and from end trek
- Certificate of CO2-emission free return drive Kathmandu to Pokhara
- One night in guesthouse including breakfast in Pokhara before and after trek
- Licensed and certified mountain guide. Well experienced and English speaking
- Salary, food, accommodation and insurance for the mountain guide
- Free use of waterproof bag ( only available with porter service)
- ACAP fee and TIMS card and local taxes
- Support of the Sherpa Heritage Trails head office in Kathmandu
- International flight to Kathmandu
- Nepal entrance visa
- Accommodation and all meals in Kathmandu
- All meals in Pokhara
- Lodging and food during trek
- Porter service for carrying luggage. One porter for two persons, max. luggage 10 kg. per person
- All beverage bills, hot shower, internet services, laundry and battery charge during trek
- Personal travel insurance
- Rescue operation charge in case of an emergency
- Any cost that arise due to change of itinerary like flight delay, natural calamities, etc.
- Gratitude and tips for mountain guide (and porter)
Sherpa Heritage Trails
Sherpa Heritage Trails is an authentic trekking specialist in Nepal. We have a passion for off beaten treks, (Sherpa) community trekking and expeditions. Our company is founded and owned by Sherpa. All born and raised in the heart of the Himalaya. That is why we know the trails like no other. We know how and where to offer you the best possible views, the most special encounters and enriching experiences. There is no better way to explore the Himalaya than with a Sherpa. We offer tours for both the individual trekker or groups, and for schools and volunteers.
We offer tours for both the individual trekker or groups, and for schools and volunteers. We can customize any trip to meet your interests, physical abilities and personal schedule. Throughout all our programs we endorse responsible tourism.
Our main goals are:
- Trekking staff and porter welfare
- Respect local culture
- Protect the children
- Carbon footprint offset
- Preserve nature & safeguarding forests
- Support local communities
Tashi Delek Foundation
Sherpa Heritage Trails supports the Tashi Delek Foundation (Netherlands). The foundation
supports and educates the local farmer community in the Solukhumbu region. Their main
focus is agricultural knowledge, water efficiency, practical education and microfinance.
During the projects the foundation encourages self sufficiency of the local communities.
In 2018 a new practical school project was initiated for high school students. The students
receive classes in English language skills and practical farming classes. With this educational
project Tashi Delek hopes to encourage young locals to live and work in their home region.
This is instead of leaving the Solukhumbu for the big cities or abroad for jobs.