A jeep drive will bring you to the starting point of the Manaslu circuit trek. The first days you hike into a gorge and pass by local farmer villages. The more altitude you gain, the more the landscape chances. The gorge opens up into a valley. Mount Manaslu will finally show itself at Samagoan. Meanwhile the Buddhist culture is obviously present in the landscape. You regularly pass by spiritual chortens, and mani walls. At Samagoan you can take an optional day hike to the glacial Birendra Lake, or to the hidden monastery of Pung Gyen. After that you continue Manslu circuit to the remote village of Samdo. From here on your last climb to the pass begins. Eventually you reach the highest point of the Manaslu Circuit trek. From the Larkya La pass you can see Annapurna II and Himlung Himal. After that you slowly descend towards a warmer climate. The trek ends at the village of Syange.
Day 01 Pick up at Kathmandu International Airport and drop of Hotel in Thamel
Day 02 Free day at leisure Kathmandu; preparations for permits
Day 03 Private drive Kathmandu to Macha Khola via Arughat Bazaar (930 m – 8 hrs.)
Day 04 Trek to Jagat (1340 m – 7 hrs.)
Day 05 Trek to Deng (1800 m – 6 hrs.)
Day 06 Trek to Ghap (2160 m – 4 hrs.)
Day 07 Trek to Lho (3180 m – 6 hrs.)
Day 08 Trek to Samagoan (3530 m – 5 hrs.)
Day 09 Resting day at Samagoan for acclimatization. Optional day hike to Birendra Lake (3760 m) or Pung Gyen Gompa (3870 m)
Day 10 Trek to Samdo (3860 m – 5 hrs.)
Day 11 Trek to Larkya Phedi (4460 m – 4 hrs.)
Day 12 Cross over Larkya La pass (5200 m) to Bimthang (3720 m – 8 hrs.)
Day 13 Trek to Gho (2560 m – 5 hrs.)
Day 14 Trek to Tal (1700 m – 5 hrs.)
Day 15 Trek to Syange (1080 m – 6 hrs.)
Day 16 Drive by jeep to Besisahar, and tourist bus to Hotel in Thamel Kathmandu (8 hrs.)
Day 17 Free day at leisure Kathmandu
Day 18 Pick up hotel and drop off Kathmandu International Airport
- Pick up & drop of Kathmandu International Airport to hotel
- Private drive Kathmandu to Macha Khola via Arughat Bazaar; local drive Syange to Besisahar; tourist bus Besisahar to Kathmandu
- Certificate of CO2-emission free return drive to start and end trek
- 4 nights in Hotel (including breakfast) in Thamel in Kathmandu
- 14 nights in teahouse room during trek. Shared room for 2 persons; couples or same gender in one room
- Sleeping bag during trek
- 3 meals per day during trek; breakfast/ lunch/ diner
- Licensed and certified mountain guide. Well experienced and English speaking
- Porter service for carrying luggage; max. 12 kg per person
- Salary, food, accommodation and insurance for mountain guide & porters
- Free use of waterproof bag for your luggage
- ACAP (Annapurna area) fee, MCAP(Manaslu area) fee, Manaslu trekking permit and local taxes
- Support of the Sherpa Heritage Trails head office in Kathmandu
- International flight to Kathmandu
- Nepal entrance visa
- Lunches & diners in Kathmandu
- All beverage bills, snacks, hot shower, internet services, laundry and battery charge during trek
- Personal travel insurance
- Rescue operation charge in case of an emergency
- Any cost that arise due to change of itinerary like flight delay, natural calamities, etc.
- Gratitude and tips for mountain guide and porters
Sherpa Heritage Trails
Sherpa Heritage Trails is an authentic trekking specialist in Nepal. We have a passion for off beaten treks, (Sherpa) community trekking and expeditions. Our company is founded and owned by Sherpa. All born and raised in the heart of the Himalaya. That is why we know the trails like no other. We know how and where to offer you the best possible views, the most special encounters and enriching experiences. There is no better way to explore the Himalaya than with a Sherpa.
We offer tours for both the individual trekker or groups, and for schools and volunteers. We can customize any trip to meet your interests, physical abilities and personal schedule. Throughout all our programs we endorse responsible tourism.
Our main goals are:
- Trekking staff and porter welfare
- Respect local culture
- Protect the children
- Carbon footprint offset
- Preserve nature & safeguarding forests
- Support local communities
Tashi Delek Foundation
Sherpa Heritage Trails supports the Tashi Delek Foundation (Netherlands). The foundation
supports and educates the local farmer community in the Solukhumbu region. Their main
focus is agricultural knowledge, water efficiency, practical education and microfinance.
During the projects the foundation encourages self sufficiency of the local communities.
In 2018 a new practical school project was initiated for high school students. The students
receive classes in English language skills and practical farming classes. With this educational
project Tashi Delek hopes to encourage young locals to live and work in their home region.
This is instead of leaving the Solukhumbu for the big cities or abroad for jobs.