Get ready to tick a biggie off your bucket list!
Often referred to as "the finest walk in the world", the Milford Track is indisputably New Zealand's most iconic 'Great Walk' and bookings open for summer hiking TODAY!
What you need to know:
- Bookings at 9.30am (NZT), Tuesday 18th August for hiking the full length of the track from 30th November 2020 to 30th April 2021.
- Great Walk season is traditionally 27th October to 30th April. However, due to the section of the track between Dumpling Hut and Sandfly Point being closed earlier in the year due to severe storm damage, bookings for 27th October to 30th November will not be released until later in September. DOC will provide 2-weeks notice of bookings for this period opening on their website.
- Hut and transport bookings are mandatory.
- Hut fees are $70 per person, per night for adults (+18 years) and children (17 years and under) stay free but still need to book to secure their spot.
- Track transport can be booked via Fiordland Outdoors Company, Real Journeys and TrackNet.