Soaring above ridge lines on a paraglider wing, flying like an eagle above villages below, these are the amazing experiences to be had while paragliding in incredible locations. For those who have tried a range of adventure experiences, these rate as the ultimate in adrenaline rushes and full-on adventure experiences.
Paragliding is utilizing a larger piece of fabric – designed to keep you aloft longer so you can soar like an eagle, and cruise the mountain tops, or swoop over features only drones will normally show you. The town of Mieusey near Chamonix lays claim to the birthplace of paragliding, and this is an incredible location to experience flight – including the ultimate, to launch off the top of Mont Blanc. This is the ‘mecca’ of mountain flying, big thermals, glaciers and high peaks – all combine to make the Chamonix valley one of the best flying areas of the world. Other stunning destinations for paragliding (and hang gliding) include: Wengen, Switzerland; Queenstown, New Zealand; Danyang, South Korea; Ölüdeniz, Turkey; Seiser Alm, Italy; Julian Alps, Slovenia; Dune du Pyla, France; or Bazaruto Archipelago, Mozambique.
For an on-the-snow experience the new sensation of Speed Riding or Speed Flying is exhilarating – a blend or paragliding and skiing that lets you ride and fly the slopes at incredible speeds. There are Speed Flying schools that can get you started with all you need to know.
Whether it be paragliding, hang gliding, or speedfly, getting a unique perspective from the sky will be unforgettable. For spectacular views and thrilling experiences, make your next adventure an airborne one!
exploreGO Top Experiences
- Paraglide and hang glide - Mt. Yangbangsan and Mt. Dusan; Danyang, South Korea
- Fly from one of the most famous sites in Western Europe; Dune du Pyla, Gironde, France
- Launch off on a paraglider at 1450m from the beautiful Italian village of Castelluccio in Umbria
- Paraglide over the largest Alpine meadow in Europe at Seiser Alm, Dolomites, Italy
- Learn to fly at some of the best schools in the paraglide haven of Hautes Alpes, France
- Fly from Coronet Peak, Queenstown or Treble Cone, Wanaka for a mountain thrill; New Zealand
Best time to travel
- Linzhou, China – April to October
- Wengen, Switzerland – All year round
- Queenstown, New Zealand – All year round
- Castelluccio, Italy - Any time of the year is charming. For the blooming flowers in the fields go there in spring and summer – from late May to early June
- Danyang, South Korea – All year round
- Julian Alps, Tolmin and Bohinj Regions, Slovenia – All year round
- Dune du Pyla, Gironde, France – All year round
- Ölüdeniz, Fethiye, Turkey – All year round
- Hautes Alpes, France – Summer months
- Bazaruto Archipelago, Mozambique – All year round
exploreGO Top Tips:
- Wear the right clothing – Snug well-laced shoes are a must, as is warm layers and gym type pants. Just make sure there are no strings, flaps, or things that could come off in flight.
- Get your head in the right space mentally. If this is your first time, it’s not as scary as you think, and talking it through with your flight master before you step-off will help ease your mind of what’s about to happen and when.
- Have some food beforehand. Don’t go with an empty stomach or an overloaded one. Being comfortable and fed are important. Most of all, enjoy the thrill – it’s amazing, and you’ll wish you’d done it sooner.
List Your Experience
exploreGO is currently sourcing the top Paragliding experiences from around the globe.
If you are an operator or guide and have an experience you want to list with us - Get In Touch.