Want the ultimate adrenaline ‘kick’ – try leaping to earth from 15,000 feet above a mountain range or tropical island, or taking a skydiving course so you can control your own release and descent. There are some incredible places in the world to try skydiving, and the views are epic – even more so from above. For those who have tried a range of adventure experiences, skydiving rates as one of the ultimate adrenaline rushes and full-on adventures you can experience.
Whether being strapped to a tandem instructor or enjoying the thrills of learning the art of skydiving so you can experience it beyond a one-off experience, there are many options to get you hooked on this adventure sport. Jumping out of a plane in stunning locations around the world has to rate near the top of any ‘bucket list’, and for the best experience try one of the excellent operations below.
exploreGO Top Experiences
- Leaping out over the Great Barrier Reef in Cairns, Australia
- Helicopter over the Eiger, Mönch and Jungfrau summits before leaping out at 14,000ft - Lauterbrunnen, Switzerland
- View Table Mountain and Robben Island from 9000ft as you jump over Cape Town, South Africa
- Skydive over Lake Wakatipu from 9,000, 12,000 or 15,000 feet in Queenstown, New Zealand
- Jump over the largest waterfall in the world at Victoria Falls, Zambia
- Drop out of a helicopter at 23,000 feet over Mount Everest for the ultimate thrill, Nepal
- Freefall from either 12,000, 14,000 or 20,000 feet above the beautiful coastline of Waialua, Hawaii
Best time to travel
Depending on the location skydiving may be experienced year round, with many operators offering skydive adventures throughout the year depending on availability and customer needs. Some locations such as over mountain areas or during winter may not have Skydiving operations at certain times of the year. Generally demand in popular adventure destinations such as Queenstown, Hawaii, Switzerland or Cape Town have skydiving experiences operating throughout the year.
exploreGO Top Tips:
- Wear the right clothing – Snug well-laced shoes are a must, as is warm layers and gym type pants. Just make sure there are no strings, flaps, or things that could come off in flight.
- Get your head in the right space mentally. If this is your first time, it’s not as scary as you think, and talking it through with your tandem master before you jump will help alleviate things. Also being aware of the stages of ascent, and disembarkation – jumping from the plane – will help ease your mind of what’s about to happen and when.
- Have some food beforehand. Don’t go with an empty stomach or an overloaded one. Being comfortable and fed are important. Most of all, enjoy the thrill – it’s amazing, and you’ll wish you’d done it sooner.
List Your Experience
exploreGO is currently sourcing the top Skydiving experiences from around the globe.
If you are an operator or guide and have an experience you want to list with us - Get In Touch.