One of the greatest things about adventure is you can have an experience in only a couple of hours that will challenge you, push you mentally, or help you overcome that internal fear. Try-it adventures are all about giving things a go, experiencing something new and different, or ticking that box of – “I’ve always wanted to try that!”
Adventure destinations around the world are hubs for these one off adventures, places such as Queenstown in New Zealand, Chamonix in France, Interlaken in Switzerland, Whistler and Banff in Canada, Pokhara in Nepal and Cape Town in South Africa. There are also hundreds of other destinations that might focus more on a specific activity or offer a combination of a number of activities such as; surfing, canyoning, snowmobiling, quad biking, paragliding or mountain biking. Activities where you can really get the adrenalin going include skydiving, jet boating, ziplining, rock climbing, canyon swinging and bungy jumping.
The great thing about one-off experiences is you can do them while on any travel trip, whether that be for leisure, family, business, education or a work trip. Renting bikes and going for a leisurely cycle through the local area can be very relaxing, and why not take a guided hiking tour of the region to really feel you are getting to know the surroundings. Some people choose to travel to a destination and mix a whole combination of try-it adventures into their holiday, others choose to do something regionally iconic for their try-it adventure while on a focused trip such as a ski holiday. The choice is yours and the possibilities are endless.
Let us show you some of the world’s best activities and the high-quality operators who will take care of you and ensure you get maximum adventure as you give the experience a go – try-it!
exploreGO Top Experiences
- Exploring a new destination on a mountain bike and seeing what's around the next corner
- Taking a hike to see amazing views and get that iconic photo you’ve always dreamed of
- Taking a jet boat ride down a wild river
- Rafting rapids on a river journey
- Swinging from a canyon or ziplining through the forest
- Taking control and driving your own snowmobile or quad bike
- Bungy jumping in Queenstown – where bungy was invented
- Hang gliding, paragliding or skydiving in a world-renowned flight destination
- Rock climb, mountain climb or ice climb on a day adventure
- Explore a glacier with a local guide and get up close to the ice
Best time to travel
Depending on your desired activity and destination, you may be able to travel year round or be restricted to a particular season. Many operators offer these adventures throughout the year depending on availability and customer needs. Obviously snow based try-it adventures occur in the winter season of the destination, and some water based activities are more limited in winter months due to colder temperatures. Activities like bungy jumping, jet boating, sky diving, paragliding, and zip lining will generally operate year-round.
exploreGO Top Tips:
- Challenge yourself and try something you never thought you would do at home – you only live once and can look back at the sense of fulfillment – even if you’re super scared at the time.
- Check the weather and ask your operator about what happens if the weather is not suitable for your chosen adventure activity. Bad weather can make or break a great experience.
- When in-destination, try a couple of quite different activities to really experience a destination – e.g. an air adventure and a land or height challenge adventure. Or maybe something extreme as well as an activity more relaxing and enjoying the view.
List Your Experience
exploreGO is currently sourcing the top Try-It-Adventures experiences from around the globe.
If you are an operator or guide and have an experience you want to list with us - Get In Touch.